It should not take you by surprise that every day more and more people are turning to mobile devices to do their internet browsing. According to some estimates, at a rate of about 66 percent per year, over the next five years mobile internet use will continue to surge. Also, within that time frame, traffic through mobile devices, such as smartphones and tablets, will outpace land line data use by three times. This makes it more crucial than ever for you to make your website mobile friendly. You could be missing out on thousands of dollars in potential sales by not being mobile.
Here are some other stats to consider:
• If a company’s website does not look good on a mobile device, 57 percent of people will not recommend the business.
• 19 percent of ecommerce orders in the United States in 2012 were made over mobile devices. That number jumped to 28 percent in 2013.
• To find local businesses in the area, 71 percent of mobile internet users use a store locator app.
• During the shopping process, 74 percent of internet users use mobile devices to do research.
• Before making a purchase, 59 percent of internet users visit a business’s mobile website.
• In search results, Google lists sites that are mobile optimized first.
How Do You Take Your Website Mobile?
By now, you should be convinced that mobile is the way to go. There are a number of ways to go about making your site mobile. Responsive web design is currently a popular way to do it.
You can also sign up for services like Yellow Pages United, where they will create a mobile-friendly web page for your company that will drive customers to your store. This option is the best for those who do not have web design experience.